For Acharya's Main Website, go to
TruthBeKnown.com

TBK News Table of Contents

Bookmark and Share
Join the TBK Mailing List!
Enter your name and email address below to receive news and cutting edge commentary from Acharya!

Name:
Email:
Subscribe  Unsubscribe 

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Is the King James Bible Inspired? | History of the King James Version | KJV

Is the King James Bible Inspired? | History of the King James Version | KJV

Is the King James version of the Bible inerrant and inspired? What is the history of the KJV? In reality, the King James Bible was created using preceding English translations and Greek texts dating to the 12th to 15th centuries - the "Textus Receptus" - as well as "some influence from the Latin Vulgate," the edition by Catholic saint Jerome in the fourth century.

2 comments:

VIRNUN said...

I swear I love you and your research! I have been born and raised with the teaching if the bible and never made since of it. Yet I feel trapped in that world. I play for a intrademoninational church (musician) and my wife is a "prophetess". I'm sooo torn and want to be free!

Acharya S said...

Thank you for your kind regards. I appreciate the encouraging enthusiasm!

I can attest that being free of religious dogma in order to enjoy the world's religion and mythology dating back thousands of years, from a safe distance, is very pleasant.

I hope you continue to find your "happy place."

Please do continue to enjoy my books and articles, as found on my websites:

Truth Be Known
Stellar House Publishing
Freethought Nation